The PADI Wreck Diver Course
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving.
The Fun PartThe fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognizes that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
Get College CreditYou may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course.
What You Learn
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- How to research and learn the background of your favorite wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
- 15 years of age
- Advanced Open Water Diver
Materials You'll NeedWreck Diver Manual
Scuba Gear You'll Need
- Basic Scuba Gear (scuba gear can be rented at a student discount rate)
- Accessories to include an underwater light, slate & reel or finger spool
- Dive Computer (rentals available)
$375 includes class & wreck dives or
$475 includes the above plus lodging