PADI Instructor Development Course, IDC
Your path to becoming a PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor... If you've reached this point in your diving career… congratulations. Scuba diving is probably starting to become your purpose and passion in life. Now, YOU want to be the one who first introduces someone to the underwater world. Imagine how life-changing that is for someone, and YOU being the one who makes it possible. If sharing that amazing underwater experience is what YOU want to do, then IDC Training is the next step to achieve your goal.
This program takes place just north of New Orleans on the North Shore of Lake Pontchartrain in the beautiful town of Mandeville, Louisiana. We welcome you to enjoy Louisiana’s hospitality while attending your PADI Instructor Development Course. Experience the rich culture and other adventurous outdoor activities that Louisiana has to offer such as kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing or even a good ol’ Louisiana Swamp Tour!
Why Seal Sports?The PADI Course Directors at Seal Sports are of the highest quality, providing an elite level of diving knowledge and skill sets, with a strong ability to communicate and teach you how to successfully transfer your diving knowledge and skills to others. This program is designed to help you become a an excellent scuba instructor while providing you with a clear understanding of PADI’s philosophy of Continuing Education and all of the various training tools available. Helping you become a skilled and knowledgeable PADI scuba instructor is our focus.
Course DurationThe IDC program is conducted over a seven-day period and scheduled to allow one day of rest before the Instructor Examination, or IE. A typical Seal Sports IDC begins on a Friday and continues through the following Thursday. The 8th day, a Friday is a rest/study day. The Instructor Examination is then conducted on that Saturday and Sunday. Upon successful completion of your IE you will have earned the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor recognition!
The IE is conducted locally by independent PADI Instructor Examiners and is designed to evaluate and test your teaching abilities, diving knowledge and skills, and to ensure you’ve learned to use the PADI educational system while maintaining a good attitude and professionalism.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Be certified as PADI Divemaster or an equivalent leadership level from another recognized diver training agency.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months.
- Current First Aid and CPR training (within the past 24 months).
- A physician signed PADI Medical Statement that clears you for diving and is dated within the past 12 months.
- Have 60 logged scuba dives in the open water environment with documented experience in night diving, deep diving, and underwater navigation.
- Be 18 years of age.
- If you’re an equivalent leadership level from another recognized diver training agency and not a PADI Divemaster than completion of the PADI Divemaster rescue assessment is required, and proof of certification of entry level, advanced, rescue, and a leadership level must be submitted to PADI.
- Lastly, you’ll need an IDC Crew-Pack which includes all the educational materials that you will need for the course. This can be purchased at Seal Sports in advanced of the program to allow you preparation for our IDC.
Prior to attending the two day PADI IE you must have the following:
- 100 Logged Dives
- Have successfully completed the Instructor Development Course or an Open Water Scuba Instructor course within the past 12 months.
- An Emergency First Response, or EFR, instructor rating or a CPR, First Aid Instructor rating from another emergency care organization.
- IDC Tuition… $1,295 & Candidate completes IDC Online
- or OWSI Tuition… $895
- IDC Crew-Pack… $550
- PADI IE Fee… $655
- PADI Application Fees… $150
- EFR Instructor… $250 plus instructor manual
To Register or for more information call 985.674.3088